A parts washer is designed to remove contaminants and debris from workpieces—from carburetors to plastics molds to disk drives. An industrial parts washer is found most often at the end of the parts manufacturing process or in settings where parts must be regularly cleaned to function at peak efficiency.
Ultrasonic Parts Washers
Ultrasonic cleaners use high-frequency sound waves to clean industrial parts by cavitation, a microscopic phenomenon produced by sound waves in an aqueous cleaning medium. This results in a gentle cleaning process that isn’t harsh on delicate items but thoroughly cleans and sterilizes even in spaces where a brush can’t reach. Even archaeologists have been known to use ultrasonic technology to restore ancient coins and metal artifacts to their original shine without damage.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Parts Washers
Ultrasonic parts washers provide businesses with a range of tangible bottom-line-boosting benefits, including:
1. Speed – Ultrasonic cleaning can be quicker and more effective than some other parts washing technologies—when properly implemented with attention to chemistry, temperature, and loading. Cleaning times can vary widely based on the size, composition, and number of parts to be cleaned, but an average test run should last between two to ten minutes, according to Omegasonics.
2. Safety – Acids and powerful solvents are often used as cleaners in industrial situations where manual cleaning occurs. Even some automated industrial parts washers use potentially dangerous solvents, introducing a potential safety hazard into the work environment that can result in workers’ compensation claims and lost hours. Removing those safety hazards by implementing ultrasonic cleaning creates a safer, more efficient work environment.
3. Increased Cleanliness – Ultrasonic technology has the capacity to reach into parts on a microscopic level, cleaning even small or complex applications where a cleaning brush might not reach. Parts will be cleaner and function longer with ultrasonic cleaning than with many manual-cleaning solutions that require more time and have a less comprehensive clean.
4. Parts Protection and Longevity – A properly calibrated ultrasonic parts cleaner uses touch-free cleaning on a microscopic level that can protect the surface of even delicate parts. Parts cleaned using the wrong solution, incorrect temperature, an improper frequency, or the wrong amount of time may be subjected to surface pitting or pockmarking, so consultation with a knowledgeable representative is crucial to protect your parts.
5. Savings – When you use our affordable enzyme solutions, for an application that requires it, and water-based soaps instead of toxic cleaning supplies, you’ll save 70 percent or more. In addition, several of our case studies here at Omegasonics have found that using ultrasonic cleaning technologies save money by automating much of the cleaning, avoiding harsh chemicals, and speeding up complex cleaning processes.
An investment in an ultrasonic cleaner can save you time, labor costs and reduce safety hazards. Our industrial parts cleaning tanks vary in size to make efficient work of any job. For more information on industrial parts washers and ultrasonic cleaning tools, check out our industrial brochure and visit the Omegasonics website. You can also find us on LinkedIn and Twitter.